Some of the most popular educational destinations to study abroad of all time are Canada, USA, UK, Australia and of course Europe. In this article, we will discuss some tips for studying abroad in 2023, the preparation you need to make to move to another country and the safety measures you need to follow to be healthy.
Tips to Study Abroad 2023
Step 1: Understand your options
- Research and understand the options available or you to study abroad
- Make use of digital learning platforms. Rather than waiting for things to return to normal and universities to reopen, now is the best time to make use of digital learning platforms. A lot of universities abroad have started registration for online bachelor’s and master’s programs due to the virus outbreak. So do proper online research by using your precious time.
- Most international universities have provided clear guidelines on their websites for admission procedures and course start information. Check them all and understand which option is best for you.
- Each country and university has its own COVID 19 page to help you understand how the university plans to deal with the new normal, post-COVID-19 eras, addressing social distancing at residential colleges, safety at the campus, measures taken, student services and assistance for international students.
- Universities today host many webinars to discuss options for international students and provide an opportunity to interact with and learn from many academic and management personnel, which was not possible before. So take advantage of it and understand what is the best option for you.
Step 2: Determine your budget
Studying abroad is exciting, challenging and life-changing, but not exactly cheap. Of course, some study destinations are cheaper than others, but it is good to know how much your budget is at an early stage.
Tuition fees for bachelor’s and master’s programs vary widely, but you’re sure to find something that fits your budget. Don’t forget to factor in the cost of living when calculating the cost of studying abroad. Depending on the city and country you live in, your living expenses will also vary.
Step 3: Apply to multiple universities
Even if you have achieved excellent results and have an impressive goal, you should not apply to only one university. Apply to at least 3 to 4 universities abroad at the same time. You can also apply to many more universities, but keep in mind that in some countries international students can only apply to a limited number of universities.
The process is easier if you apply to universities that are in the same country. But it is quite common for students to select universities from different countries. Please ensure you read and understand the entry requirements carefully before applying.
Step 4: Financial considerations
The COVID 19 pandemic has affected many people financially. The International Student Community contributes a large portion of the income for universities, so many universities have kept these considerations in mind. So you must:
- Search for COVID 19 Scholarships/Financial Aid for International Students.
- Create individual appeals as they are considered on a case-by-case basis in many universities.
- Many international universities have waived their application fees and also reduced tuition fees, don’t forget to take advantage of these offers.
- You can also request that the fee be paid in installments so that you can additionally split your semester and deposit payments.
- And also keep in mind that studying online in the comfort of your home means no additional living costs and can add significantly to savings in your overall college costs.
Step-5 Apply for scholarships/loans
This step is directly related to both your budget and the university application part. Because in some cases you have to apply for a scholarship during your university application. In other cases, you cannot apply for financial aid until your place at the university has been confirmed. There are different types of financial aid programs:
- student grants
- military aid
Some must be paid back, such as loans, while others, such as scholarships or grants, do not. You must meet the application requirements. Because there are certain criteria that must be met. Some are awarded based on academic achievement, others based on financial need, others for research purposes, and so on.
Step 6: Visa Applications
Students planning to start their courses abroad in 2023 must apply for their student visa. The countries currently processing student visa applications include Ireland, UK, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, etc. However, due to security measures, they are unable to operate at full capacity and therefore processing visa applications may take a little longer. It is better to start preparing a little earlier.
Step-7 Choose an accommodation option and make arrangements
It is important to decide where to live abroad as it will have a major impact both on your expenses and on your experience. These are the most popular options:
- Dormitories for students
- Rent your own apartment
- Living with a local family
Whichever option you choose, prices will vary wildly. Read your contracts carefully before signing them and don’t hesitate to discuss any confusing clauses. Don’t select the first option you find, compare what’s available on the market and then decide.
Step 8: Decide what to pack
When you go to a new country for a long period of time, you need a lot of things to survive there. The things you need depend on your budget and lifestyle. However, some of the most common things to pack are:
- ID, passport, birth certificate and copies
- Laptop, power adapters and converters
- Clothes, shoes, socks, belt, cap, jacket
- Medications or prescription drugs.
- Toiletries, makeup, etc
Preparing to move to another country.
There are many things you can do to ensure that you move to another country as safely as possible. However, the most important thing is to plan things properly. Try to plan your move ahead and be prepared. Having a plan will ensure that your move goes smoothly and easily without many complications, which is especially important during COVID-19. Here are a few things you can do to travel safely:
Stay in touch with your movers:
Rules, regulations and requirements are constantly changing during COVID-19, so keep in touch with your movers to make sure you’re on the same page.
Travel less to the shops.:
Try to get everything you want to the market or store at once. This way you keep the chance of contracting the corona virus as small as possible. Keep all the supplies you need close at hand, such as boxes, labels, toilet rolls, and tape, so you don’t have to keep traveling back and forth to the store.
While you’re packing for your move, take the opportunity to get on top of the cleaning. Clean all your stuff with disinfectant or disinfectant.
Finish packing 24 hours before departure:
The coronavirus remains on the surface for a long time. For everyone’s safety, have your boxes packed and leave them untouched for at least 24 hours before you leave.
Moving to another country during the coronavirus is of course a big challenge, but it is possible to do it safely if you take the right precautions and plan your trip in advance.